Statement of Faith
Statement of Faith
1. WE BELIEVE AND TEACH…The Scriptures are Inspired by God and declare His design and plan for mankind.
(2 Tim. 3:15-17; 1Thess. 2:13; 2 Peter 1:21)
2. WE BELIEVE AND TEACH…There is only One True God–revealed in three persons…Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (commonly known as the Trinity).
(Deut. 6:4; Isaiah 43:10, 11; Matt. 28:19; Luke 3:22)
3. WE BELIEVE AND TEACH…In the Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ. As God’s son Jesus was both human and divine.
(Matt. 1:23; 1 John 4:2, 10, 14; Rev. 1:13, 17)
4. WE BELIEVE AND TEACH…though originally good, Man Willingly Fell to Sin–ushering evil and death, both physical and spiritual, into the world.
(Genesis 1:26, 27: 2:17; 3:6; Romans 5:12-19)
5. WE BELIEVE AND TEACH…Every Person Can Have Restored Fellowship with God Through ‘Salvation’ (accepting Christ’s offer of forgiveness for sin).
(Luke 24:47; John 3:3; Romans 10:13-15; Eph. 2:8; Titus 2:11; 3:5-7)
6. WE BELIEVE AND TEACH…and practice two ordinances—
(1) Water Baptism by Immersion after repenting of one’s sins and receiving Christ’s gift of salvation, (Matt. 28:19; Mark 16:16; Acts 10:47, 48; Rom. 6:4) and
(2) Holy Communion (the Lord’s Supper) as a symbolic remembrance of Christ’s suffering and death for our salvation. (1 Cor. 11:26)
7. WE BELIEVE AND TEACH…the Baptism in the Holy Spirit is a Special Experience Following Salvation that empowers believers for witnessing and effective service, just as it did in New Testament times.
(Luke 24:49; Acts 1:4, 8; 8:12-17; 10:44-46; 11:14-16; 15:7-91 Cor. 12:1-31)
8. WE BELIEVE AND TEACH… The Initial Physical Evidence of the Baptism in the Holy Spirit is ‘Speaking in Tongues,’ as experienced on the Day of Pentecost and referenced throughout Acts and the Epistles.
(Mark 16:20; Acts 2:4)
9. WE BELIEVE AND TEACH…Sanctification Initially Occurs at Salvation and is not only a declaration that a believer is holy, but also a progressive lifelong process of separating from evil as believers continually draw closer to God and become more Christ like.
(Rom. 6:1-11, 13; 8:1, 2, 13; Gal. 2:20; Phil. 2; 12, 13; 1 Peter 1:5)
10. WE BELIEVE AND TEACH…The Church has a Mission to seek and save all who are lost in sin. We believe ‘the Church’ is the Body of Christ and consists of the people who, throughout time, have accepted God’s offer of redemption (regardless of religious denomination) through the sacrificial death of His son Jesus Christ.
(Acts 1:8; Matt. 28: 19, 20; Mark 16:15, 16; 1 Cor. 12:13)
11. WE BELIEVE AND TEACH…A Divinely Called and Scripturally Ordained Leadership Ministry Serves the Church. The Bible teaches that each of us under leadership must commit ourselves to reach others for Christ, to worship Him with other believers, and to build up or edify the body of believers–the Church.
12. WE BELIEVE AND TEACH…Divine Healing of the Sick is a Privilege for Christians Today and is provided for in Christ’s atonement (His sacrificial death on the cross for our sins).
(Isaiah 53:4, 5; Matt. 8:16, 17; James 5:14-16)
13. WE BELIEVE AND TEACH…in The Blessed Hope—When Jesus Raptures His Church Prior to His Return to Earth (the second coming). At this future moment in time all believers who have died will rise from their graves and will meet the Lord in the air, and Christians who are alive will be caught up with them, to be with the Lord forever.
(1 Thess. 4:16, 17; Rom. 8:23; Titus 2:13; 1 Cor. 15:51, 52)
14. WE BELIEVE AND TEACH…in The Millennial Reign of Christ when Jesus returns with His saints at His second coming and begins His benevolent rule over earth for 1,000 years. At that time many in the nation of Israel will recognize and accept Him as the Messiah, the Savior who died for them and all mankind.
(Isaiah 11:6-9; Ezekiel 37:21, 22; Zeph. 3:19, 20; Zech. 14:15; Matt. 24:27, 30; Rom. 11:26, 27; Rev. 1:7; 19:11-14; 20:1-6)
15. WE BELIEVE AND TEACH…A Final Judgment Will Take Place for those who have rejected Christ. They will be judged for their sin and consigned to eternal punishment in a punishing lake of fire.
(Matt. 25:46; Mark 9:43-48; Rev. 19:20; 20:11-15; 21:8)
16. WE BELIEVE AND TEACH…and look forward to the perfect New Heavens and a New Earth that Christ is preparing for all people, of all time, who have accepted Him. We will live and dwell with Him there forever following His millennial reign on Earth. ‘And so shall we forever be with the Lord!’
(2 Peter 3:13; Rev. 21, 22)
17. WE BELIEVE AND TEACH…that because God our Creator established marriage as a sacred institution between one man and one woman, the idea that marriage is a covenant only between one man and one woman has been the traditional definition of marriage for all of human history (“Traditional Definition of Marriage”). Because of the longstanding importance of the Traditional Definition of Marriage to humans and their relationships and communities, and, most importantly, the fact that God has ordained that marriage be between one man and one woman, as clearly conveyed in God’s inerrant Scriptures, including for example in Matthew 19:4-6 where in speaking about marriage Jesus referred to the fact that “He which made them at the beginning made them male and female,” the Church hereby creates this policy, which shall be known as the “Marriage Policy.”